Ring in the Land of Lincoln
Handbell Musicians of America Area 8
Area 8 Ring in the Land of Lincoln Festival Conference: June 22-25, 2016 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center
- Registration & setup: Wednesday night & Thursday morning
- Opening bell: Thursday @ 10am
- Closing concert: 7:30 pm Saturday with reception following
Ringing Divisions: The repertoire list can be found at http://areaviii.org/festival-repertoire:
- Massed Ringing: Monica McGowan and Cathy Moklebust
- Division 1 (Level 1+- 2) Track with Monica McGowan (see below)
- Division 2 (Hymns Level 2-3): Monica McGowan
- Division 3 (Level 3-4): Monica McGowan
- Division 4 (Level 4-5): Cathy Moklebust
New in 2016 – Division 1 (Level 1+- 2) Track with Monica McGowan! Newer ringers will gain experience and confidence in this track of division rehearsals and classes. Monica will lead rehearsals of the division music in preparation for the final concert – this division will not participate in the massed ringing. Classes will be a combination of ones tailored just for this division and the general festival offerings. Limited to the first 22 ringers!
Special Performance Opportunities – Share your group’s talent with the rest of the Festival attendees! Ring in the Land of Lincoln is offering two ways to strut your stuff… the Spotlight Concerts on Friday, June 24 will feature two ensembles, selected by an application process. The Showcase Concert on Saturday, June 25, will offer individual groups, ensembles and soloists the chance to perform a selection during this 45-minute program.
Bronze Festival Ensemble with Cathy Moklebust! This specialized ringing track during the conference is designed for those looking for a concentrated, advanced ringing experience. Limited to 36 qualified ringers. Apply after you’ve registered for the Festival. $80 additional fee.
Worship Track with Beth Ann Edwards! Fits All Sizes: Handbells in Worship Incorporate handbell music into your worship service, with any size choir or ensemble! This class will cover processionals, hymn and choir accompaniments, liturgical music, worship planning, ringing with less than a full choir, and more. All music and materials will be provided, plus instruction on how to recruit and prepare for successful ringing in worship. Participants will assist with planning and participating in the Festival worship service on Saturday. Class size is limited to 12. $25 Additional Fee.
Concerts! We’re excited to announce feature concerts by Rezound! of Kansas City, MO and Bells in Motion from Springfield, IL.
Classes! You’ll be able to choose from a variety of classes for ringers and directors of all experience levels taught by experienced instructors.
Reading Sessions! Can’t get enough ringing or need to choose music for your ensemble? Reading sessions expose you to old and new repertoire.
Pre-Conference Director’s Track! June 22-23, 2016 Taught by experienced directors, this four hour track for current & future directors covers topics critical to your success as a director & to the musical accomplishments of your ringers. The 2016 topics will include: Conducting, Ringing with Few, Rehearsal Techniques, and Selecting Music and the Level System. Register after you’ve registered for the festival. $80 additional fee.
- Wednesday from 7pm – 9pm and Thursday from 8am – 10am
HOTEL INFORMATION: Registration fee DOES NOT include hotel accommodations. The President Abraham Lincoln Hotel is the festival/conference headquarters hotel. Room rate is $109.99 plus taxes. Reservations must be made by June 1, 2016. Visit this link http://tinyurl.com/2016-Area-8-Hotel or call 1-866-788-1860 to make your reservation. Identify yourself as a Handbell Musicians of America, Area 8 Festival participant.
Groups who live outside a 50 mile radius from the hotel and choose not to stay at President Abraham Lincoln Hotel must pay an off-site lodging surcharge of $100. This helps insure we meet our contracted room blocks, keeping all costs as low as possible.
FULL RINGER Registration includes massed ringing and admission to all concerts, class sessions, included meals, HIC exhibits and reading sessions. Meals that are included with registration fee are Thursday lunch, Thursday evening banquet, Friday lunch, Saturday box dinner before the concert, and reception after the concert. A cash bar will be open for Thursday dinner and Saturday reception.
- SUPER Early Bird (received on/before March 1, 2016) $295
- EARLY BIRD (received on/before April 15, 2016) $310
- REGISTRATION (received after April 15, 2016) $330
Chaperones/Non-Participating Adults registration includes meals and concerts. $115
DAILY Registration includes access to classes, HIC exhibits, provided meals, and concerts for the day. $125/day
Handbell Musicians of America (AGEHR) Membership Fee ( if not a member) $90
TABLE RENTAL 8 foot table $15 each
Chaperones: One chaperone, over 21 years of age must accompany every six ringers age 17 and under at all Festival activities – massed ringing, meals, concerts and classes.
$13 for S-XL, $15 for XXL, $16 for 3XL, $17 for 4XL, $18 for 5XL
NEW REGISTRATION PROCEDURE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
You’ll need answers to the following questions before you start:
- Are you registering a group or an individual or for just one day?
- Does the group or individual have a membership in Handbell Musicians? If so, find the number.
- If you are registering as an individual, will you bring your own table, foam and bells or do you need to use someone else’s?
- If you are registering as a group, how many feet of table do you need? Will you be bringing your own tables, or renting from us?
- Which division will you be ringing in?
- If you are registering as an individual, what positions are you able to ring?
- If you are registering as a group, do you have space to host an individual ringer or two?
- If you are registering as a group, are you staying in the conference hotel?
- Are you paying with a check or via Paypal? (Paypal transactions will be subject to a small service fee.)
- Is anyone registering for the Pre-Conference Director’s Track?
- Is anyone registering for the Bronze Festival Ensemble?
- Is anyone registering for the Worship Track?
Follow these steps to register:
- Fill out the individual, group or daily Festival registration online.
- Select your payment method –a check or pay via Paypal (subject to a small service fee.)
- Submit the Festival Registration. You will pay later.
- You should immediately receive an email response with all of your registration data. If you don’t receive that within 2 hours, contact email@example.com.
- Within two weeks, you will receive another email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing your registration number, an invoice, and payment instructions.
- Pay the deposit (or the entire balance) within 15 days of the date on your invoice.
- After you have submitted your deposit payment, you’ll receive links to register for the optional items: Pre-Conference Director’s Track, the Bronze Festival Choir (not for daily registrants), and the Worship Track (not for daily registrants). Those items will be invoiced separately, and payment is due immediately.
- In March 2016, you’ll receive an email with a link to a form where you’ll provide the following information for each registrant: name for name badge, age range (youth or adult) and any special meal preferences. This form must be submitted by May 1, 2016. This email will also contain the link for the youth photo/video release form.
- In March 2016, you’ll receive an email with a link to a form to purchase optional t-shirts. That form is due by 4/15/16, and payment must be received by 5/1/16.
- Pay any balance due by May 1, 2016. A late fee of 5% will be assessed for balances not paid by that date.
- On or before April 30, 2016, you will be refunded all fees except the $75 per person deposit.
- On or after May 1, 2016, NO fees will be refunded.
You’re ready to start! Select one of these three links to begin: