Bring It! Ring It!
Handbell Musicians of America Area 8
June 28-30, 2018
● Registration & setup: Thursday morning, June 28
● Opening bell: Thursday, June 28 @ 12:45 pm
● Closing concert: 11:30 am Saturday, June 30
All new – YouthFest 2018! This three-day event is especially designed for young people grades 3-8, although all youth are welcome. Ringers will experience massed ringing, classes, concerts and the water park with their peers.
Ringing Divisions: The repertoire list can be found HERE:
● Division 1: No music to prepare
● Division 2: Purchase and prepare repertoire ahead of time.
Concerts! We’re excited to announce feature concerts by Timbré of California and Larry & Carla Sue from Michigan.
Classes! YouthFest participants will attend classes that focus on technique, rhythm, and musicianship. Time is set aside for games, meeting new friends, and tie-dying handbell gloves.
HOTEL INFORMATION: Registration fee DOES NOT include hotel accommodations. The Hotel RL is the festival/conference headquarters hotel. Room rate is $115 plus taxes. Reservations must be made by June 10, 2018. Contact Aretha at 402-517-3083 and let her know you are with the Handbell Musicians of America room block. Groups who live outside a 50-mile radius from the hotel and choose not to stay at Hotel RL must pay an off-site lodging surcharge of $100. This helps insure we meet our contracted room blocks, keeping all costs as low as possible.
RINGER Registration includes both massed and division ringing, classes, concerts, water park admission, t-shirt, gloves, and more! Dinner on Thursday and Lunch on Friday are also included.
REGISTRATION (received by May 15, 2018) $85
REGISTRATION (received by June 1, 2018) $100
Chaperones registration includes two meals and concerts. $70
Handbell Musicians of America (AGEHR) Membership Fee $95 (if not a member)
TABLE RENTAL $5 each – 8 foot
Chaperones: One chaperone, over 21 years of age must accompany every six ringers age 17 and under at all YouthFest activities – massed ringing, meals, concerts and classes.
T-Shirt – Included in Registration: Sizes youth S, M, L and adult small thru 5XL are available. Shirts are Texas Orange with full front black printing. You’ll provide t-shirt sizes later.
2018 REGISTRATION PROCEDURE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
You’ll need answers to the following questions before you start:
1. Are you registering for the entire conference? If yes, are you registering a group, or an individual?
2. Does the group or individual have a membership in Handbell Musicians? If so, find the number.
3. If you are registering as a group, how many feet of table do you need? Will you be bringing your own tables, or renting from us?
4. Which division will you be ringing in?
5. If you are registering as a group, are you staying in the conference hotel?
6. Are you paying with a check or via Paypal? (Paypal transactions will be subject to a small service fee.)
Follow these steps to register:
1. Fill out the YouthFest registration online.
2. Select your payment method –a check or pay via Paypal (subject to a small service fee.)
3. Submit your YouthFest Registration. You will pay later.
4. You should immediately receive an email response with all the registration data you entered. If you don’t receive that within 2 hours, contact the TREASURER.
5. Within two weeks, you will receive another email from the TREASURER. containing your registration number, an invoice, and payment instructions.
6. Pay the deposit (or the entire balance) within 15 days of the date on your invoice.
7. In April 2018, you’ll receive an email with a link to a form where you’ll provide the following information for each registrant: name for name badge, age range (youth or adult) and any special meal preferences. This form must be submitted by May 1, 2018. This email will also contain the link for the youth photo/video release form.
8. In April 2018, you’ll receive an email with a link to specify t-shirt and glove sizes (included with ringer registration). That form is due by May 1, 2018
9. Pay any balance due by May 1, 2018. A late fee of 5% will be assessed for balances not paid by that date.
● On or before April 30, 2018, you will be refunded all fees except the $30 per person deposit.
● On or after May 1, 2018, NO fees will be refunded.